Saturday, May 9, 2009

What a long day

We left the house around 10am, and headed about an hour north to the aquarium.  Lil man's eyes were so big.  He took his time moving from tank to tank.  He looked at some of the tanks a few times. His favorites were the alligators, the rainbow fish, and the turtles. 

After the aquarium we went to a local deli for some lunch.  Have I told you all how much Lil man can eat?  For lunch he had a 6 inches sub, a juice box, and a bag of chips!

After lunch we ventured over to the public play fountain for a little water play.  Lil man wasn't  too fond of it.  He only lasted 5 minutes.

Since we were in the big city we had some serious shopping to do.  Something we cannot accomplish in our little town.

We went to Hobby Lobby, Target, Ross, T.J Max, The mall, and Michael's.  Lil man did great until her got loose inside Michael's.

I was busy looking at the scrapbook stuff. Dear hubby was in charge of lil man who was out of the shopping cart because he had just came back from the restroom.

Before I knew what was going on Lil man took off and my hubby who has a bad knee was running around the store trying to catch him.  I left my cart ( with my purse inside), and took off running in the other direction. I bumped into hubby, and started to freak because lil man was not in sight.

I ran to the front to stand guard to ensure he did not run outside.  I shouted to the cashier that my little one had ran off and could she please tell her staff to be on the look out for a lil shit  kid running about the store having a grand old time.

I was shaking so bad..  How would I explain this one to his case worker?

Hubby was still running around like a chicken with his head cut off, when I heard giggling coming from the left.  I left my post at the front door, and ran shouting "STOP RIGHT THERE".  Lil man was laughing his head off. I finally grabbed the  back of his shirt, and snatched the lil bugger up.

I was LIVID.

I got down on his level and gave him a taking too.  I am pretty sure he knew I meant business as  I have never raised for my voice at him.  He sat in the cart for the rest of our trip and did not mutter a single word. 

Afterwards we went to Outback for dinner.  Lil man ate more than I did.  Cheese fries, bread, grilled chicken, and mashed potatoes, washed down the a giant glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment