Friday, May 29, 2009

The beast

Tonight I took Lil Man and P to see a ballet performance of Beauty and the Beast.  We knew six little girls (all under 5) who were going to be in it so we couldn't pass up the opportunity to see them all dressed up!

Lil man did great.  His eyes where wide and aware.  He was a little unsure of the Beast.  At one point he put his hand over my eyes, so that "I" would not get scared while the Beast was on stage.

Near the end he asked me if he could get up on stage in a pretty dress, and dance around on his toes. 

After the performance we headed over to my friend S's house, for an ice cream Sunday party in celebrating of the great job her little girl M did in the show.

All was well, Lil man used his manners, gobbled up his ice cream, and asked for seconds! Shortly before 10pm it was time for us to head up. I give plenty of warning.

"In 5 minutes we are going to clean up the toys, because its time to go home"

"Remember in a few minutes we are going to clean up, because its almost time to go home"

We started cleaning up the playroom and little man lost it.  He started kicking  the toys, and telling me "no I am not going home." 

Thankfully S understands, but still its hard. I scooped him up before things escalated.  I then made a mad dash to the car, and hit the road.

I am a very kid friendly person, I like to take them places, but when Lil Man throws down, it makes me want to stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment